• Nonstick cooking spray
• 1 box corn muffin mix; batter prepared according to package directions
• 1-1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, reduced fat, reduced sodium, shredded
• 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
• 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 3 eggs, large
1. Heat oven to 375ºF.
2. Coat 12 standard-size muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine muffin batter with Cheddar cheese,
onion powder and garlic powder. (See photo #1)
4. In another bowl, whisk eggs until the yolks and whites are
5. Place 2 tablespoons of muffin-cheese batter in each tin, making a small well
in the center.
6. Place 1 tablespoon of egg in the well of the muffin-cheese batter in each tin.
7. Top the egg with 1 tablespoon of the remaining muffin-cheese batter.
8. Bake the muffins for about 15 – 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin center
comes out clean.
• For more flavor, a “ranch” seasoning blend of 1 teaspoon each dried dill, garlic powder,
onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon dried basil can be added to the batter.
• Cooked ground sausage can be used in place of whisked egg in the center of muffin. Use
1 tablespoon sausage per muffin. (“Ranch” seasoning not recommended when using sausage